Saturday, November 18, 2017

Something that never ceases to amaze me is how silent leopards are...


Something that never ceases to amaze me is how silent leopards are, they even eat quietly compared to other predators, their sense of surroundings is constant. 
The leopard's awareness of habitat, its territory, is remarkable, something honed in over 3 and half million years. As I increase my own understanding of their strategies to coexist with other beings in a modern world (right now my focus is their relationship with an increasing tiger population... and us), my respect for them grows. Being quite a private animal myself, perhaps I empathize with these cats, and when I am sharing space with these incredible creatures, the sound of the jungle, silent, soft but sometimes chaotic when the hunt succeeds, is enough to connect me with my true primal being and always remind me why we must protect the leopard...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...