Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Big cats - Our own examination...


Just now as going through images I need for a presentation/report I have to give, a friend Ankit Tivrekar sent me a clip about a lion which possibly remembered a wrong doing and looked to take revenge. I replied to Ankit, that if he hasn't already he must read The Tiger by John Vaillant, something I tweet to followers at least once or twice a year. The book, based on a true story, gives a real examination of human-wildlife coexistence with the issues of disturbance, invasion of space and basic morality looked at closely. In my own life where I daily attempt to see things through the eyes of different species these issues come into play. As I ready myself for time in an area where serious conflict between the leopard and people is occurring, I think of John's book which has themes which test the common beliefs of why a big cat turns maneater and I think of these themes often when in these regions, trying to make head and tail of the situation. We have a lot to learn...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...