Wednesday, October 7, 2015

‪#‎Nepal‬ ‪#‎People‬ ‪#‎Wildlife‬ ‪#‎Habitat‬ Placing value on what is really important...


This blog is also at Facebook if you wish to comment

 It's interesting how many messages I'm receiving that the world is not getting the news of what's going on here. I've just been watching Nepali news live and the image I put up in the post earlier today on Facebook (image above) is representative of exactly what is happening at the Sunauli border crossing, right now, as I write this.
Jane Goodall said apathy is our biggest enemy, she meant it in an environmental sense but I guess it applies to everything. Nepal is in big trouble, I don't actually know if the world knows it or not, my correspondence with some people reveals heads in the sands, yet with others they truly get it. Nepal needs more than tourists, it needs people who care, whether they are here or not, interestingly some of WildTiger's biggest supporters have never been here, they place a value in these things way beyond self, put the money where an airfare would be.
I don't have all the answers by any means, I can only see it for what it is. WildTiger and myself have committed to keep going here, and that is not an easy thing, there are people I miss as well as a craving for normality. I think environmentalists, conservationists, we're a funny lot, maybe we're driven by fear... fear of losing the real stuff, we've rubbed our noses in it and know it's a lot more important than so many other things that humanity has decided to give value.
Maybe if one child can click onto that today...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...