Saturday, September 3, 2016

CAPTIVE CATS - It's all so bloody complicated isn't it...

These posts are at Facebook (along with other updates) should you wish to comment.


As I'm blasting through the past digging up images from certain events for certain presentations and documents etc, I found this image of a cheetah I took several years ago. It was when I was asked to investigate the way felids were being treated in certain institutions holding big cats in captivity. It was hard, I met people who really felt they were doing the right thing, with all the best intentions and I met others where it was simply about the dollar. For all the awareness, research etc, not a lot has changed but now that we are reaching tipping points for so many species in the wild, the roles and resources soaked up with regard to these types of places should be examined more than ever. But I'll be honest, bring these subjects up to the general public and in the main it's a case of eyes glazing over...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...