Sunday, June 7, 2015

Keeping an eye on Asa and a book about the Leopard of Hope...


I gave a whoop of delight as the images starting coming through from my remote cameras while I was up in Asa's territory today.  It had been a long haul to get there plus I was pretty tired and sore from events of the last few weeks, however seeing these images gave me a real boost, Asa looks good and strong.  It's a slightly strange feeling knowing he may well be watching me while I check cameras but it's all part of the process.
I've started writing a small book (different from the "bloody book") aimed at kids here, earthquake survivors.  It's simply called "For the Earthquake Survivors, the story of Asa, the Leopard of Hope" the title pretty much explains it really, it's to give these children hope, something they really need right now and hopefully Asa's struggle against adversity will help with that.
Many thanks to those who have supported and looked at the 21 images from the earthquake zone I posted two days ago at Facebook.  I'll have more soon on the school building format and how the book will be part of that.  In a couple of days I'm down to Chitwan to check on the young cubs, the guys have been giving me reports and things sound positive.
It's nice to have some good news at a time when things really are hard here.  This is going to be Nepal's toughest monsoon ever and there is a sense of trepidation.  We must take the positives where we can...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...