Wednesday, June 10, 2015

#Rewilding - Positive ways forward...


The image is Asis with the two leopard cubs, Tika and Ram.  I'll have more soon on the "good cop, bad cop" strategy we are going to use to maintain the balance of what is appropriate human contact during Stage 1 of the rewilding process.  This is part of a tactical approach developed from knowledge gained from time with Asa, the Leopard of Hope.
A very progressive meeting with the team at the Biodiversity Conservation Centre was followed soon after by a reflective walk by the river when suddenly I came across a wild scene which left me in awe, an elephant, two rhinos and two species of crocodile (gharial  and mugger), all in the same area as I looked ahead. Later the release of a barking deer, the first real monsoon rain and then the joy of seeing Som's children look so bright after such trauma caused by the earthquakes, a huge thanks to the wonderfully supportive  Ellen Ammerman for being there right now helping Som's family not to mention the gift of fantastic solar equipment to help me in my work.
It was a day of positives, I start another now after my best sleep in months.  Positive ways forward...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...