Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Elements of life come and go but images last forever...


 I was very surprised when I got online to see this photo I took many years ago was "doing the rounds" on Facebook. The reason it is surprising (or not) is because just two days ago I was writing about this image. I've been catching up on my writing these last two weeks, become bit of a hermit which is good because for the first time in what seems like years I'm not waking up in pain as my body has been allowed to rest. There's still early morning and late afternoon excursions so several hours outside, there's the leopard cub situation and there will be a long trek into Asa's territory soon and of course a check on the school being built but it's been good to replenish. I realized a while back that my images (along with my camera gear) are almost my only asset now, I've given up almost everything else to do this work. I'm comfortable with that because I have total belief in what I'm doing. What i was writing two days ago was that these images become timeless, they last forever. People, situations, well life I guess, it's all very fluid but I find I can take a still image and ground myself again very quickly, take it for what it is and draw strength from its meaning. I spend a lot of time in nature and before I sleep I reflect on the day's images whether I've captured them with my camera or not. It helps...
Many thanks to those who are watching the video of the cubs. I'm going to try and post more in high definition soon.



Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...