Monday, May 8, 2017

A seriously neglected species, time to take the fight to a new level...


"HEAVY POACHING OF NEGLECTED LEOPARDS OVER THE WEEKEND" is the title of one the tweets just made at @WildTigerNews (www.twitter.com/wildtigernews) and it's also at www.facebook.com/livingwithleopards - thanks to those who follow those platforms.

"WILL LEOPARD GO EXTINCT BEFORE TIGER?" is part of the text in the article...
I'm about to drop down to the Terai again, a couple more days in just under two weeks of fact finding, door knocking, negotiating and a hell of a lot of walking, all for the leopard. I'll bring news shortly of the LEOPARD TASK FORCE, something which is going well beyond the borders of Nepal.

I'm tired of the apathy, ignorance and lack of care for leopards. I'm tired of the fact this big cat is neglected because it is not a "money making species" and I'm tired of hearing tiger tiger tiger, rhino rhino rhino because they are. The leopard is a biological entity, a magnificent animal, with an incredibly important role over a vast range of ecosystems, the world has to wake up to this. I'm bloody tired of saying it.

Over the last couple of weeks I've confirmed people who are prepared to dedicate to the leopard, people who over a period of time have proved themselves to me, for this species.
We will take the fight to save this species to another level within the context of the three main elements... coexistence, rehabilitation and wildlife crime.

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...