Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Predator, prey, a man who protects them...

These posts (as well as other updates) are at Facebook should you wish to comment.



.I dedicate these images to Ramesh Thapa (also known as Panthera Thapa). There are many people who have helped the Bardia tiger population recover but few who have risked life and limb as much as the dedicated Chief Warden. Anti-Poaching is a tough gig, death threats to those involved, their families, as well as physical confrontations are part of the landscape.
Wildlife protection, to be effective, involves sacrifice, the job is never done, there is no time for back slapping. Another man, a high ranking military officer, at the forefront of anti-poaching here, when I see him he uses the words "till now" ... which effectively means anything could happen in an instant, there has to be constant readiness. Till now, Ramesh Thapa has shown total commitment, I'm sure that will never stop...
I have thousands of images and hours of video footage, I'm very careful how I use them/it, no unnecessary data is published but it is important that people understand just how much work goes into wildlife protection at ground level.

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...