Thursday, June 29, 2017

A year on since the report that the leopard is getting hammered...

This post is at Facebook (along with other updates) if you wish to comment.


“The international conservation community must double down in support of initiatives protecting the species. Our next steps in this very moment will determine the leopard’s fate.”
This was a line from the report a year ago regarding the 75% habitat loss across the leopard's range. I've had some interesting responses regarding my posts (here plus extras at Facebook) on this issue in the last couple of days. Bottom line is the reaction to the problem since the report a year ago has been muted. There is a serious imbalance in allocation of effort re species. This will play out badly for the leopard and the people living in those ecosystems if things don't change. I'm a little tired of talking about it, I've got too much work to do on the ground but I thank those who have messaged, I'll respond to all when I can. Cheers Jack

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...