Thursday, January 7, 2016

Helping Hand...


The image was taken while I was working with Asa in the early stages of his rewilding.  James Robinson did a fantastic job recording Asa's reaction to many situations.  James is a camouflage expert but Asa is a leopard, so of course the young feline would at times sense James's presence. James was so professional during these moments, it gave me valuable data and feedback.  At the same time I would give Asa a helping hand, reassuring him everything was ok.

A year ago today I wrote along the lines of to know that a wild animal is where it is supposed to be, living wild, living free, is to know one's humanity.  Rewilding is a controversial subject for many reasons.  We are not all on the same page yet.  I am convinced of the strategy used for Asa and some reassuring emails from different organizations dealing with big cats in different countries are making me more determined to keep expanding and evolving this concept, wherever that may be.

I'm looking forward to being back in the place soon where Asa and I fully separated, by his own choice, naturally as a leopard does, to live the life we hoped for...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...