Saturday, June 11, 2016

"Want to see a tiger?"... "Yes but does it want to see you?"

Our constant "invasion" of wildlife is something that concerns me greatly. Living with a leopard confirmed so much what many years previously had already taught me, we don't give wildlife enough space, in so many ways. I observed closely Asa's reactions to many situations, it's something I'm going into deeply in my book in the chapter "I WANT TO SEE A TIGER" ... "YES BUT DOES THE TIGER WANT TO SEE YOU?" Our perceptions of wildlife need to change, fast. The article below, re bucket list tourism, just another example. It's far from just tourism being the problem though, some practices in the name of science, habitat encroachment and of course the total scourge that is illegal wildlife trade are also culpable. The "legal" trade in wildlife needs addressing badly. There are many good people who operate with respect but there are many more for who the money god is the driving force.


How Tourists’ Phones Are Threatening South Africa’s Wildlife


Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...