Monday, December 22, 2014

That's close enough Kiwi... and a mysterious "tiger" sighting...


The camera trap image shows how close I can get to Asa when he is feeding but he will mock charge me from this distance.  This is natural behaviour.  Siblings, family members fight like hell when there is food around in all big cat dynamics and the fact I am not a big cat is important!  However, even though we have our moments of sheer angst Asa is submissive with me as his boss.  It's such an interesting thing, one minute he is snarling and dangerous, the next trying to lick my head.  I have many fantastic images, video footage and camera trap captures, the new strategy is working and the young leopard is in fantastic shape, very pleasing, I'll talk about this soon.

In the meantime, well, I get a lot of messages, calls etc with "I've seen a tiger!"... ok, tiger means many things here so I ask four questions:

Where did you see it?

What did it look like?

How big was it?

Do you smoke ganja? ADD ON QUESTION IF ANSWERED "YES" - How much?

There was a mysterious big cat sighting in the mountains recently.  I was assured a big smoke-athon was not taking place.

Watch this space...  Cheers Jack.

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...