Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Good Morning, Namaste and Merry Christmas from the Himalaya...



It looks as if I'll be in Leopard Camp on Christmas morning so I'll say a big "have a good one" to everyone now.  Thank you for the wishes and support.  If I find Asa I'll try and post an image or two when I am back down in a couple of days.

The mountain is Annapurna South this morning.  I really like this hill.  I have been high on the ridge on the left hand side and hopefully in coming months will leave more cameras on unexplored ridges to find out more about Himalayan Thar, Blue Sheep and Snow Leopard, all part of the knowledge needed to increase protection of the area.

I met the young guy this morning after I had reappeared from the jungle where I was looking for big cat scat. He's a tough little kid, representative of the attitude here in the mountains where you suck it up and get on with it.  Health care and education are part of the conservation mix, my heart is very much with the people here as well as the wildlife in this demanding place.

I keep getting asked about video.  I'll repeat, can't do it sorry, you'll have to wait.  Upload speeds and other issues mean this is the case.  I have a lot of footage and when I show locals, trekkers etc there is a lot of wow... so when the time is right there will be some good stuff online.  Good people are helping with this.

Thanks to those who are using www.mountaintiger.photography to buy images.  It really helps and thanks for the feedback that it is working smoothly.  There'll be many more images in 2015, some special ones.  You can also buy the main signature image for the Asa side of things at www.wildtiger.org/mountaintiger

Ok, that's it from me for a couple of days.  Thanks for all the encouragement.  The young leopard and I are ready for the challenge of winter and as I say, nature will decide...

A big Kia Kaha, Jai Bagh, Merry Christmas and all that stuff... cheers Jack.

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...