Friday, January 2, 2015

Namaste, a lot of variable weather but the young leopard is doing well...


Just a quick hello from the mountains, there's a lot of variable weather right now.  I spent time with Asa yesterday at about 2800m, it was probably the most exhausting day of the project so far, heavy rain and then snow made steep slopes very slippery... and it was bloody cold.  The young leopard was in great shape however and I managed to lead him to a new area which I had scouted for many hours the day before.  So the day was a success.  I could not get images in the jungle as the conditions were too bad and I have equipment issues right now but the physical effort and cold was worth it, I feel good about how things are placed.  Tomorrow eleven months of the project, effectively from the day I met Asa.  So much has happened but the next two months are the most critical in these conditions, I'm realistic but optimistic.  I'll post images of Asa when I can, cheers Jack.

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...