Sunday, December 6, 2015

High in leopard territory getting friendly with the vultures...


Well it's true actually :)  When I was living at Leopard Camp and had no human contact for several days I used to take comfort from the presence of these mighty vultures of the Himalaya.  Asa was of course company in his own right and sometimes the young leopard and I would sit and watch these giant scavengers as they floated in thermals near our jungle home on the ridge.

Yesterday while up high monitoring the area this guy swooped very close, one of four, I wondered if they recognized me.  Being alone up there with the remarkable biodiversity of the high mountains, it gives a perspective that in many ways I struggle to bring to words.  That's probably a good thing because it's the feeling itself that gives the power to want to protect this environment...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...