Thursday, December 10, 2015

Pondering it all as another leopard gets beaten to death...


I remember when this image was taken in the Annapurna about two and half years ago, I thought I had a lot on my plate then... if only I knew...
It's just after 1am and I'm still trying to get all the details about another leopard beaten to death on the Indo/Nepal border. We try and verify everything that gets tweeted at @WildTigerNews - this one may take a while and although I try and keep level on these things, it's getting harder because as I keep saying, it's got to the stage where for sustainability every single one of these wild cats is precious, vital. Another tiger skin has also been seized in west Nepal, there's been too many of late, once again a huge loss and without doubt the instability in the country is linked directly to the upswing in poaching. There are still issues to sort with the rewilding program but these recent deaths make me more determined to get that where it needs to be. Yeah, things to ponder right now...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...