Friday, December 4, 2015

Nepal, incredibly beautiful, incredibly complex...


I love being in the Kaski.  It's a place where wondrous creatures roam the valleys, the ridge lines, the sky.  Tread carefully but behold the beauty.

Today though mixed feelings as friends of many years tell me of their struggles.  Nepal, never easy but right now harder than it should be.

As I write this the bigshots are in Kathmandu, arguing their cases.  It's sobering though that even if they come to agreement, the lives lost can never be returned.

The complexities of this nation are actually lost on many, it is too easy to be blinded by the beauty.  I've spent so much time now juggling tasks as things change I have no choice but to keep a close eye on political events as well as other factors influenced by this landscape that can deal so harshly.  When not working I read and I've got through many volumes of Nepal's history.  It gives me further insights into the complexities but how much does anyone really understand? Sometimes it's just best to gaze at the mountain for perspective...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...