Saturday, September 16, 2017

Rebuilding ecosystems - predator, prey, habitat...

Second post for the day, these posts are also at Facebook (along with other posts not here) if you wish to comment.


When not in the field I often have to sort through thousands of images from remote cams (RC) and shot from hand for records, reports and presentations. Every image tells part of a story but sometimes when an older RC image has me in it there's not only the memory but also the measure of progress. As another leopard gets prepared for reintroduction but in far different circumstances to the one in the image (in that Dipnani is in a different wild state and this sort of contact is impossible) my focus is very much on how we can rebuild ecosystems even more, using prey species reintroduction as well as predators. I imagine how wonderful it will be to do this after extensive tree planting.
This is very possible and drives me, we can repair what we have damaged, the possibilities are endless...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...