Monday, September 4, 2017

The leopard kills... and then the leopard is killed...

Re the previous post I just replied to Hertha (on Facebook), "Yes, it's the measure of fair and just societies. Poverty can be alleviated once the world truly wants that fairness, until then people and wildlife will suffer," and believe me, I see the result of poverty everyday. The school we presented at did not have access to electricity, poverty is much more than just food insecurity, it is lack of education and safety. The highly affected area I'll be in again shortly to track a leopard is a prime example, people are not safe, the leopard kills... and then the leopard is killed...



And so yeah, when you're banging on about stuff like severe human-wildlife conflict, poverty, trophy hunting and lack of respect for leopards, you're not in it for the "likes"... that's stuff for different generations, different egos. For most people these issues are in the too hard basket but some of the messages I get from people who really do care, well they are amazing, they give me hope. So I thank those who have supported in any way, especially in the last couple of months, you make a difference. Every day within the realms of #coexistence, #rehabilitation and #AntiTrafficking these issues are in my face and I'm about to go on anther image selling rampage (when I'm back from the far western border area) as part of the funding of the Leopard Task Force as a whole. Despite everything, there are solutions, they just need to be implemented, one day at a time...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...