Friday, September 15, 2017

Respecting the leopard, the kids are the key...

This post is also at Facebook (along with other updates and posts not shown at this blog) if you wish to comment.



Coming soon, as we lead into International Day of the Leopard, the "Importance of the Leopard" which is something that in the last few years I have found is completely lost on most people. This will change but for now with everything being tiger tiger tiger etc etc etc blah blah blah it's almost embarrassing that the perception and understanding of p.pardus is what it is. But I love watching the faces of the young ones we teach as they take in every word and when I am alone in the jungle, studying and monitoring these incredible animals I remind myself of what these kids are learning, that helps keep me going, gives me hope...

JAI CHITUWA... And finally after a long day, catching up, preparing cameras, all in all getting ready, there was also some work on a newish project (well, nearly 3 months now) re trophy hunting of leopards in certain parts of Africa. I'll publish more on this down the track, I like to have all facts straight but a colleague is doing great investigative work. It's very concerning who is involved, that line between conservation and politics has certainly been crossed by some big orgs.
This heinous crime has to stop and new strategy has to evolve to stop it. The perception of the leopard is very much influenced by this activity, it is part of the overall marginalization.

Be rest assured there is plenty of fight to come from this quarter, these aniamls deserve far greater respect and support than they are getting...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...