Saturday, September 19, 2015

Nepal Constitution just a few hours away, a chance to lick wounds and move on...


While security forces in the area have been beefed up before the ceremony making the new Constitution official there's no doubt there is a buoyancy in the air here in Kathmandu.  It looks like there will be strikes and protests but we can all hope there is no violence.

As a conservationist who cares deeply about this country I hope with all my heart this is a positive new beginning and the new Statute expressing core values becomes the foundation this nation and the world needs.  It has been expressed there is plenty of scope for amendment regarding the new federal states but the real hope is that the humanitarian aspects of the document will be adhered to.  It is my own heavy hope this will lead to more environmental awareness.

Many thanks to those who read my blogs and understand the links between politics and conservation.  These writings are often just scribbles I make online as I'm adding to my journals that are records and thoughts for my book.  In November 2013 Nepal had its first real democratic election, I was in the capital for that as well.  Today is equally if not more significant, I'll get out there with the camera and take images of people who now have a chance to lick their wounds and move on to act on the vast potential Nepal has.

Thanks for your support, cheers Jack. 

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...