Friday, September 18, 2015

"Touching the Mountain"... a rewilding beginning...


It's been a busy time here in Kathmandu, meetings, documents, meetings, documents, meetings, documents...

Hopefully now it's close to the next step and a process started what seems like an eternity ago with a little leopard cub can keep moving forward.  I'm praying that the civil unrest settles down, this is crucial as far as the location of the proposed Rescue and Rewilding Centre is concerned.  There are still some pieces of the puzzle to place but after everything that has happened of late I'm confident (well, hopeful is a better way of putting it) that the hard work will pay off.

Right now there's two young cubs Tika and Ram, under the watchful eyes of Asis Gurung and Tika Ram Tharu, with the potential to follow in the pug marks of Asa, the leopard of hope.  The concept of rewilding big cats is a controversial one, it polarizes people but if I did not believe in the strategies we are using I would not be putting in this effort.

There's a lot at stake and it's going to need true supporters.  I'm very close to launching the subscription system which is already at wildtiger.org in a simplified form so people can follow and help our progress, we do need your help, this thing is an incredible challenge... but I know in my heart it's worth it...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...