Tuesday, September 1, 2015

#Nepal: A prayer for a country...


I've spent nearly the whole day in or near my room, updating journals and notes, writing, reading. Those who read my first post today would have seen that I tried to stay positive but as the day it seemed like another day of Nepal burning. I've realized that of late my posts have been closely aligned to my journals and now that the fever/headache thing I've been putting up with for a while now has eased off, I'm really ready to make some more positive leaps.
But right now I can't.
It's as if the country is imploding, making it impossible to function properly. The politics, back biting, jealousies, egos, constant disagreements and outbreaks of violence, it's like they have permeated every fabric of society here. The forever electricity shortages and strikes add to the geographical challenges as it is. The ethnic divides and political squabbling, not just in government but in every sector, well, it's draining, very draining.
I'll spend tomorrow writing as well, right now I can't actually go anywhere. I'm a stubborn bastard but unfortunately I feel the future of certain projects is uncertain. One can only try so hard before reality bites harder.
It's nearly time to get some sleep. I'll try and say some sort of prayer for Nepal. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...