Saturday, September 19, 2015

#Tiger #Nepal #Constitution LOTS ON THE MENU...


I've been pulling low res images and text down from my cloud storage in the last few days for documents and presentations on big cat rewilding. I found this one I had called MENU, the shot was taken in western Nepal back in May 2013. The temp was in the high 40s (celcius) ... there was sweat in my eyes, everything was wavering so I've tried to recreate the image. The tiger must have been thinking "Will I or wont I? Nah, it's too damn hot..." The image is pretty much how I could see the tiger.

The items on the menu in the foreground are Barasingha (Swamp deer).
Tomorrow the big item on the menu here in Nepal is the promulgating of the Constitution, it's hard to believe it's actually happening after all these years. Despite the political rhetoric it wont be a day of universal celebration, there have been too many lives lost and of a document that is many decades in the making there will be a lot of reflection.

We can hope however that this might be a new beginning for a country needing a fresh start. There's been many false dawns in Nepal, let's see what sort of sun is shining tomorrow on the people, wildlife and habitat that is the Himalayan nation...

FOOTNOTE - Older shots are stored in a safe place many thousands of kilometres away, I get requests, thank you, they will be available online and at exhibitions in the future. I'm looking forward to getting to them one day... and the people there I miss very much. Still a lot to do before that happens.

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...