Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Special thanks to Twitter followers who have helped of late...



This post is mainly aimed at Twitter followers @WildTigerNews and my account @JackKinross but of course extends to anyone else who has helped of late.  I've just posted this message at Facebook, it covers what I mean: 

Just a quick one, there’s a lot going on but this is a sincere thank you to anyone who has helped of late. The leopard, and in many situations the people living with them, need help and progress is being made. Sometimes I shudder at the lack of understanding of the issues and I wonder what future generations will think of our time but I have hope we can win this thing because the solutions are there, they just need to be supported. Updates over our various platforms are ongoing, thanks again to those who care, cheers Jack.

Yesterday I also posted the following two updates at Facebook and I hope you can also follow the page "Living with Leopards" where there is also an update on the DAY OF THE LEOPARD.


HUMAN AND WILDLIFE CONFLICT MITIGATION... Just quickly following on from the post two days ago with the elephant crew getting phones to those who don't have them and organizing the early warning sms system, these are the ten village areas. Once again really dedicated work by gear guru Bernd and everyone involved. Still a lot to do but really solid progress. Also a big shout out to Shelly who has once again arrived in Nepal with a swag of phones and other gear after an appeal in Australia. Every little bit counts, please contact me if you can help in any way, cheers Jack.


FROM ELEPHANTS TO LEOPARDS... Following on from the previous post, I'm based close to "Chiuwa (Leopard) Chowk" which is an area where leopard activity has increased as the tiger population growth pushes the spotted cat to outlying forests. We're holding an awareness program soon in the interest of being proactive. Preparation to avoid conflict is fundamental to coexistence.

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...