Friday, October 13, 2017

Solid progress in human + leopard conflict highly affected area...

Good to report solid progress here in Baitadi, the most highly affected area in Nepal re human/leopard conflict. I'm just prepping for further equipment supply, mainly powerful flashlights to villages plus remote camera survey to understand and warn of leopard activity and as well there is genetic analysis in the pipeline. The District Forest Office has done a good job getting solar panels and lights into the area where extreme poverty as seen too many fatalities, both people and leopards. In a few days I should be back in Bardia where the leopard Dipnani is doing ok, with the rehab den I built proving to be elephant proof, much to my relief. All this stuff saves lives, I thank those who give tangible support for tasks which can never stop but are worth every effort. More soon, cheers Jack.

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...