Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A misguided voice for the marginalized?





I don't do selfies, unless there's a leopard on my head, and only then because it gives people an idea of how big a leopard paw is compared to the human face.  In fact I don't even like having my picture taken or posted online unless it's really necessary.  This thing is isn't about me, there's plenty enough ego in the world without me adding to it.

I've had a lot of supportive emails lately, thank you, I'm fine.  Yes, it is hard here and very frustrating at times.  Of course sometimes I wonder why I don't bugger off and get an easy job in a first world country... but I wont.  Most of my posts aren't "happy" posts, they're real.  There's plenty of fuzzy wuzzy photos of baby animals etc in other places, that's not my script.

My posts are trying to portray the big picture.  Nepal is in strife and the real issue is that this country is highly important in a global sense as a water source.  I'll be writing more on that soon as well as the reasoning how before the earthquakes there seemed to be two Nepals consisting of the tourist bubble and the real one.

Trying to drive projects here is difficult but the motivation is strong to help as well as try and be a voice for the marginalized, both wildlife and people.  From a conservation standpoint they are completely and utterly connected although astonishingly, in 2015 there are many people in our so called connected world who don't understand that.

The first image is a shy little girl receiving some very basic school stationary from Chiran (second image).  The third image is two leopard cubs who should be with their mother, they aren't... so we are rewilding them for their sake and the sake of the environment.  Like the little girl they are marginalized.  Maybe I'm misguided but I truly believe the marginalized are worth fighting for especially in a country as geographically important as this one.

WildTiger is getting a shake up.  I'm bringing in fresh blood and an evolved approach. Memorandums of Understandings are being drawn up.  It's a hell of a lot of work and I have to sell a lot of images to raise the necessary funds, unfortunately just plain straight awareness does not pay the bills, there is no money tree but there are plenty of other trees we have to stop being cut down (metaphor)... for all our sakes...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...