Monday, August 31, 2015

HOPE FOR THE FUTURE - Two bright young researchers...


 I just want to dedicate a quick post to two young American researchers, Ellison Heil and Lauren Breynaert, who I had the great pleasure to spend time with in the Annapurna during the rewilding of the leopard Asa. I will be talking more soon about these two and their colleagues regarding marvelous fundraising efforts for earthquake relief after they left Nepal. Ellison also dedicated a section to my work in his research paper - On Conservation: The Role of Integrated Conservation Development Programs in the Annapurna Conservation Area -
but for now I just want to paste something he wrote in the Acknowledgements section:
- Lastly a large growl to Jack and Asa for being the voices of the forest.
When I am asked about seeing Asa in the jungles above Ghandruk, I simply
respond in the words of Peter Matthiessen’s Snow Leopard
“ Have you seen the leopard? No! Isn’t that wonderful?” -
You nailed it Ellison.
To both of you, your smarts, humour, your good selves were a joy to be with. You came to grips very quickly with the issues in this country and rather than choosing to use the rose tinted glasses so many tourists do, you saw with eyes of bona fide researchers. You give me hope for the future...
Posts on this blog page are also (plus others) at Facebook.

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...