Wednesday, August 26, 2015

LEOPARD REWILDING PROGRAM (LRP) - Confidence and belief in the project is everything...


Just a quick post while there's enough cyber grunt to publish it.  Electricity and web connection are not strong points here.  I'll have a more detailed report on the progress of leopard cubs Tika and Ram when I can but just wanted to say they are doing well, strong, healthy and behaving like young leopards.

Despite all the disruptions and problems here in Nepal (it just seems like a never ending story) as well as what seems to be continual personal challenges, from my own perspective my confidence and belief in this project has not wavered.  The constant upheavals means plans are always thrown out the window but we are still moving forward, even if it is varying increments.

I have to admit this time last year while living with Asa in the high jungle that although it was as tough as hell at times at least I could just focus on what was in front of me.  The turmoil here now means a whole fresh set of issues... but we wont give up, there's too much at stake and it is worth every effort to get it right.

Many thanks for the support, it makes a difference.  Every cent (rupee) counts right now and yes, I am still hot, sweaty and a bit feverish but there's a fair bit of kick left in me yet.  Somehow we will win this thing.  More when I can, cheers Jack.

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...