Monday, May 23, 2016

Hundreds of leopards killed each year, that's just what we know about...

The figure of 4600 leopards killed (south Asia) in the last 15 years as part of the illegal trade in various parts of the world is being used as baseline.  Do the maths.  I'm about to head to higher altitude to get equipment, part of the leopard gig, this figure will be playing on my mind.  This is just what we know about.  No one knows the true figure.

I'll be talking about some collaborations soon to battle this situation, part of which is to get people to bloody well wake up.  As I keep saying, not being an "icon species" can mean a blatant disregard.  These cats deserve more support.  At the moment it's not happening and as an advocate for these animals I find that situation quite disgusting.

I'll blog when back at my laptop in a few days.

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...